Computer Shop Technician
Are you extremely detail-oriented, able to manage several projects simultaneously, and constantly looking for ways to streamline processes and reduce errors? Do you want to take pride in what you do, as well as challenge your skills while working with other professionals who are great at what they do? Are you unsatisfied with “good enough”, and desire to be a valuable contributor to a team’s success?
If so, then Servcom USA has an opportunity for you!
As a Computer Shop Technician on our team, you will provide technical support for customers, which will include the following:
- Repairing computers
- Setting up new computers
- Managing reception and deployment of computers according to schedule
- Maintaining inventory of parts and supplies
- Keeping the shop and cold storage clean and updated
- Assisting with imaging software (must be comfortable learning Smart Deploy), some of which be self-taught
- Creating and testing scripts (Windows Command shell/DOS and PowerShell)
- Assisting with the incoming help desk calls when available
- 5+ years working with computers to set up, deploy, decommission, and image/re-image
- Any experience with programming and/or scripting is a huge plus
- Must be comfortable setting up and running command lines
- Power Shell and/or Smart Deploy are a plus
Special consideration will be shown for applicants with the following skills:
- A+ certification
- Experience with an outsourced Help Desk (supporting multiple clients in different locations)
- HDI certification
- Microsoft, Dell, or other relevant Certifications
- Proficient with ConnectWise
- Familiarity with managing small IP networks, including supporting routers and Layer-3 switches, DHCP, DNS, and firewalls
- Experience working with Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, including one or more of the following technologies:
- Active Directory
- Remote Desktop Services
- File and Print Services
- Familiarity managing backups with Backup Exec, Acronis, ShadowProtect, or similar backup products
Servcom USA greatly values our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by the competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package we offer our team members.
Plus, we maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to the company’s processes, decisions, planning and culture.